10 June 2009

RPE goes in today

I'm getting the RPE put in today. I'm trying to enjoy my last few hours with an empty mouth because I know I will have this thing in for around 6 months. I told a few people at work that they cant laugh at my new speech impediment!
I also bought some supplies for post surgery...

Baby toothbrush
Baby spoons
Ice cream
Custard
Yoghurt
Protein powder
Jelly
Whiteboard
Vitamin C (meant to help with cell regeneration)
Arnica (helps minimise bruising)
Hirudoid cream (good for bruising as well as promoting blood flow to damaged tissue)

Thats it for now. Anything else I need my very caring partner will go out and get it for me :)

Ill be back to update later on the scrap metal cemented in my mouth and how super it feels...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Avy,
    I'm sorry I didn't post sooner, I'm new to your blog. I hope your surgery went well. What's an RPE?? Is that a different procedure from jaw surgery? Sorry for all the questions. :) I sure hope you're doing well. Blessings to you! ~Katherine

    ReplyDelete