31 August 2009

Braces on!

OMG - braces suck. I got them on last Friday and about 2 hours later I started to feel the pain. The bottom ones hurt the most. In fact the top ones dont bother me at all but oh the pain in the bottom ones. They were throbbing so bad all afternoon and into Saturday as well. I have already got some lovely sore spots from where the brackets are rubbing on my cheeks and lips. I feel alot better today but I'm still no where near comfortable. And just when I got used to the expander, I now have to get used to something else. Plus I cant chew again which is really frustrating. I think I miss that the most. Being able to bite into something and chew something without placing it in the right spot and avoiding pain. I'll get there though. I know that the end result is going to be great and well worth all of this.

The type of braces I got are a new design called In-Ovation C. The wire clicks into the brackets and are self ligating so apparently this means less adjustments and they work faster so less time in braces! I also got my veneer taken off 2 days before the braces went on so that was a bit of a shock to see that crooked tooth again after 6 years. They hadnt ground it down very much at all which was really surprising - so it doesnt look too bad. You cant even tell with the braces on now actually. My gap has opened up a little again but I dont really care. Its no where near as bad as it was and just looks normal at the moment. Here are some before pics and now with braces. You cant really see them and I havent got a close up of them yet but i'll get one up soon. My mouth is massive now and my lips are fuller which isnt all bad :)





4 comments:

  1. Keep with it. Just keep remembering how you will look in the end of it all!

    I think you are very strong for blogging about it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same type of brackets (mine are the Damon brand, but self-litigating) and I LOVE them! You'll get used to the braces quick. I hardly seem to notice mine anymore, but when I first got them it felt like I couldn't even fit my lips over them. Hurray, one more step down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! Can't say I'm looking forward to the pain, but hey, every day they are on puts you one day closer to being done! September 9 is coming so soon! Just over 1 week away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have similar braces, and my bottom teeth have been more sensitive than my top teeth for this entire endeavor. My ortho said that is quite natural. Like Stephanie mentioned above, at first the braces poked and hurt and made me miserable, but for the most part I tend to forget that I have them on now! Brighter days are coming... Stay on the ibuprofen in the meantime =)

    ReplyDelete