27 May 2009

Spacers in - phase one complete

So I got my spacers put in this morning. It took a whole 2 minutes so that 45 minute drive in morning traffic was so worth it! Not. They felt kinda weird at first but I'm used to them already. One side is more sensitive than the other so when I ate my lunch it hurt a little, but I pushed though it because I was so hungry :) I'm a bit of an eating machine sometimes... Still, I know this is nothing compared to what's coming.
Next Wednesday I'm having impressions done, then the following Wednesday I'll have the RPE fitted... ugh. Then only 2 days later I have surgery so everything is happening really fast. I am fairly certain that I am covered for surgery by my private health cover and Medicare so thats a good thing. The braces though are going to cost more than I thought...$6950... wow. Also, another cost which I didnt think about (or was told about) was the RPE device. This little sucker (the word I want to use rhymes with sucker) is worth $1600! They are giving me 20% off which takes it down to $1280. Better than nothing I suppose. It must be a pity discount because they realise I'm going to be going through all this pain and discomfort and paying so much money. I dont mind though, bring on the pity discounts!
I'm starting to get more and more anxious about it all. I guess I'm just trying to think of the big picture and the end result.
Just put me to sleep now and wake me up when its all pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Avy

    was just reading through your some of your old posts. make sure you keep all your receipts.

    any dollar you are out of pocket after $1500 for medical expenses you can put a claim in at tax time. you should recieve 20% of every $1 spent after that first 1500.

    my braces and rpe will cost me $8200. i had to fork out 1400 for wisdom teeth and then 500 for my premium on health insurance for the op.

    my reno's on the appartment are going to have to wait :)

    GC

    ReplyDelete