20 July 2009

Finished at last

Hooray! I finally finished turning the expander on Saturday. So another step in the journey is now over and I am onto the next one which is waiting for my braces to go on. The last 5 weeks have gone really fast - and I cant believe July is almost over now! Christmas will be here before we know it - and you know what that means?! That's right...EXPANDER OFF! I am seriously over it and want it out now. I hate not being able to talk properly and eating is such a pain in the butt. My BF and I went out for lunch yesterday and I had poached eggs on toast with wilted spinach (eggs florentine) and holy moly, I couldnt believe how much spinach I had caught in my RPE! It was bad.

I saw my OS on Friday and she was really pleased with my progress. She was amazed at how quickly I'm healing and also said that my expansion is very symmetrical which was great to hear. I'm glad everything has gone smoothly so far and I'm hoping it stays that way! Here are comparison pics of my mouth before and after expansion. Wow, it looks massive now. Sorry about the spit and poor quality :)















2 comments:

  1. That's amazing progress!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference!!!!!! Now to closing the gap :) Its amazing what kind of progress the expander makes. Good luck

    ReplyDelete