06 July 2009

More turns!


Ughhh. Saw the ortho this morning and she wants me to do another 8 turns (2mm) so I'm kind of bummed. I was hoping I was done with it so I could start the stabilisation period - in other words get this gap closed up! Oh well, I guess I just have to accept it. If its going to get me the best results then bring it on. The gap is big enough now that another 2mm wont make much difference. The good news is that she said I looked great (better than before surgery) and pointed out my new cheekbones! My face seems more rounded and shapely now whereas before it was longer and had little shape. I'm just looking forward to seeing my new smile without a big black hole in the middle of it. Here's a pic as of today.

I am starting to get some funny looks when I'm out and about now. My BF and I went out for dinner on Saturday night and the waitress took my order and did a double take of my mouth. It was really obvious she was staring at me and her attitude even changed, like she stopped being polite towards me or something? Weird. I didnt care really, I was more concerned about cutting up my lamb into micro sized peices so I could eat it! I still cant chew meat properly among other delicious things. But I managed this time. The huge slice of toblerone cheesecake I had for dessert was alot easier to eat though :) yum.

Here's a pic of me pre-op. If you can look closely my upper jaw is really narrow. My front 6 teeth are straight and normal then my teeth just sort of vanish and I have an empty smile. Sorry this is the only pic I can find at the moment that shows it up. I never take a front on photo because it looks so much worse. But I wont have to worry about that now!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah...its pretty bad when people stop and stare at things that arnt 'normal'. I have quite a pronounced underbite now and the amount of people who just continually look at it, really could put your self confidence down a bit. But alas, it will all be fixed soon. Keep your head high and dont care what they think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from Toronto! It's very nice to see someone going thru the same thing at more-or-less the same time! I'm sorry to hear you had to do the extra turns....I know the feeling of how excited you are to have the activations done to only be told you have more to go (at least you only had 2mm more to go....I had 5!!).

    My braces are now scheduled for September, and I'll probably be requiring the maxillofacial surgery a year after that. I hopeful *cross fingers* that my process will be over by January 2011.

    I'll be following this blog. You're a great writer! Take care!

    ReplyDelete