23 July 2009

Sick of looking like this

I hate the gap this week. I feel so ugly and weird looking and I hate not being able to talk properly. I had a killer toothache yesterday which really bothered me and its still hanging around today. Its the tooth that the expander it cemented onto... It doesnt feel like a cavity - I think its just had enough of being moved around and chewed on funny. I just want to feel normal again :( I havent felt motivated to exercise lately either because I cant bring myself to go to the gym and face everyone there. I know I shouldnt care but its hard not to feel self concious when you have a gap big enough to fit another tooth in! And also when I have exercised the spit seems to gather up and I cant swallow it properly (gross, sorry) so I end up choking on it! Its bad enough looking strange but now I feel guilty about not exercising. Sorry for whinging... I know I'll feel better soon enough. I think another reason I'm feeling down is because tomorrow its been 5 years since my dad passed away and I always get a little nuts around this time. Things can build up then you are overcome with all these emotions and I think thats what I'm feeling. I know my dad would think the gap looked 'cute' and was endearing and wouldnt want me to feel self concious about it... so I will try my hardest not to.

2 comments:

  1. Ah girlie! Hang in there... This will be over before u know it! The whole working out thing I can relate to... Since I got braces I also felt that way, but soon enought it was ok. Not going will only make u feel worse, try jogging around the neighborhood instead? Find other ways besides the gym to stay active and it will get better. Best of luck and many good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. It's hard to think about how good it's going to be in a few months when you really don't like how it is now. But don't forget things will get much better. I hope you're doing better!

    ReplyDelete